AmberPanther Favicon for WordPress is developed by the AmberPanther team, and it is designed to add a Favicon (also known as favorites icon, website icon, shortcut icon, url icon, or bookmark icon) to your WordPress powered site. The Favicon is added to the administration pages as well, not just the front pages. It supports ICO, PNG and GIF formats. It ensures cross browser functionality. The favicon files can be located in the site’s root directory (detected automatically) or in a custom directory. Read the Guide to Demystifying the Favicon Behavior to understand better how to setup the favicon for your site
- Supports ICO, PNG and GIF file formats.
- Files saved in the root directory of the site with the conventional name – favicon – are located automatically
- A custom uri can be defined for the favicon
- Multiple file types can be selected
- Options stored as one array in the database to minimize database cluster
- On uninstall option array is removed from the database. No trail left behind
- Functional and user-friendly administration pages